Saturday 21 June 2014

Top 10 Songs Chosen By Greg Mongroll

Something slightly different today, the first of several top 10 lists from various people that are connected with the world of music. They may be in bands, write music blogs, dj or whatever but the one thing they have in common is a love of great music. I'm not limiting what they choose to punk songs, they have free rein to pick what they like, hopefully this way some interesting lists are compiled. I'll then choose one of their picks to make my song of the day. First up to chose his all time top 10 songs is Greg Mongroll. Main man of Massachusetts band The Mongrolls ( you can hear them here : http://www.reverbnation.com/themongrolls ), Greg says his top 10 aren't in any particular order as they change all the time but as he numbered them that's the order I'm going with.....

10) Descendents - I'm Not A Punk
9)  Undertones - Teenage Kicks
8)  Autographs - While I'm Still Young
7)  Beat Farmers - Bigger Stones
6)  The Heats - Sorry Girls
5)  The Clash - Safe European Home
4)  Beatles - This Boy
3)  Teenage Confidential - Sha La La
2)  Replacements - Rattlesnakes
1)  Thin Lizzy - Get Out Of Here


The song of the day is from Japan's Teenage Confidential. Taken from their 2004 album, Rock'n'Roll Kiss, Greg says it's "So friggin' great. Kick ass leads, killer riffs, harmonies etc....One of my all time favourite records! On Screaming Apple records" This is Sha La La......

1 comment:

  1. Not exactly in order, I may remember other songs as my favorite tomorrow. But I can say for sure that these are 10 of my favorites
    10-Swans-Failure
    9- Manic Depression- Hendrix
    8- The Big takeover-Bad Brains
    7-Big Jesus Trashcan- Birthday Party
    6- Kerosene- Big Black
    5-Nausea- X
    4-Court of the Crimson King- King Crimson
    3-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath- Black Sabbath
    2-Armageddon- Chrome
    1-Ghost Town- The Specials

    ReplyDelete