Sunday 29 June 2014

Top 10 Songs Chosen By Paul Caporino



I've already featured a few top 10 picks from people that have one way or another ended up on my Facebook friends list but today's chart is a result of my deciding to try and get in touch with people that don't know me but have released music that I like and that I think will contribute some interesting choices. Fortunately the person I approached first was only to happy to help me out so I'd like to thank him for his generosity. M.O.T.O. have already had a song featured in the blog but today founder member, songwiter, vocalist and guitarist Paul Coporino gives us an idea of where he gets the inspiration from. He replied to my request for a top 10 with the question "just punk songs or any genre?" Being a blog for punk songs the easy answer (and maybe the boring answer) would have been just punk songs but when has punk ever been about imposing boundaries and restrictions? I told him it would be far more interesting if it was his top 10 of any genre so if you've read this far and only want punk songs then maybe come back tomorrow ( or even better, go listen to a song by M.O.T.O. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrqg7J8jjzs ). For everyone else, enjoy the Top 10 songs of all time chosen by Paul Caporino.......

in Paul's words :

Here's 10 of my favourite songs by other people - no particular order, and will probably change tomorrow (or even later today - I like a lot of songs). Forgive me if some of the titles are a little weepy.

 1) Kathryn Grayson - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (recorded by many artists but my favourite is sung by   Kathryn Grayson in the film Lovely To Look At (1952)

 2) Stevie Wonder - All In Love Is Fair

 3) Mose Allison - If You Only Knew

 4) Allison Moorer - Dying Breed

 5) Eddy Arnold, Ray Charles - You Don't Know Me

 6) Gordon MacRae and Shirley Jones - If I Loved You

 7) Willie Nelson - Night Life

 8) Sammy Davis Jr - E-O-Eleven (From the movie Ocean's Eleven)

 9) Doll By Doll - Stripshow (R.I.P. Jackie Leven)

10) Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boys Room (Forget the lame Motley Crue remake - ugh!)

This was the song that Paul chose as song of the day...........


No comments:

Post a Comment