Monday 1 September 2014

Joyce Manor - Victoria



It's a grey Monday morning in Northern England and I'm shortly due to set off on a 35 mile drive to work so I think an upbeat, bouncy song is the order of the day to help disperse the clouds. Probably no introduction is required to Joyce Manor but briefly, they formed in 2008, hail from Torrance, California and they took their name from an apartment building which was located near the house of lead vocalist/guitarist Barry Johnson. They seem to preach that Brevity is next to Godliness as their 3 albums are all brief affairs, short on running time but certainly not short on ideas or tunes to die for. The latest of these albums, released in July of this year on Epitaph Records, is called Never Hungover Again and from it comes this little ray of sunshine, this is Victoria.....

Had such a bad time hanging out
regret the choices that I made
I know it doesn't matter now
won't be the one who walks away

Victoria
you've got me hanging on again
Victoria

Had such a hard time saying no
locked myself out and had to climb
over the back wall and scraped my arm
it bled a little, but I'm fine

Victoria
you've got me hanging on again
Victoria

Took the screen door off the frame
washed the blood off of my arm
and watched it circle down the drain
put the screen down back in place
now I'm alone again

Victoria
you've got me hanging on again
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment