Wednesday 4 March 2015

Peach Kelli Pop - Dreamphone


  Drummers. Human metronomes that sit at the back of the stage and bash away on their kits. Are often replaced (or die if you believe Spinal Tap).

  Allie Hanlon, from Ottowa (now Los Angeles), was a drummer. Not content on keeping time for others she took up the guitar and began writing and recording her own songs. Taking the name Peach Kelli Pop from a song by Redd Kross and backed by an assemblage of female musicians, she's the new queen of jangly, catchy as hell garage pop 'n' roll. Inspired by artists as diverse as The Spice Girls and The Plasmatics, there's so far there's been two albums, both self titled, and a smattering of singles. Album number 3 is out in April on Burger Records and you can stream a song from it called Princess Castle 1987, here : https://soundcloud.com/peachkellipop/princess-castle-1988

  Check out the back catalogue here : http://peachkellipop.bandcamp.com/

  Until I hear the new material I'm posting my favourite song so far. This Is Dreamphone......


Sometimes when I'm missing you
I want to call you up on my dream phone
under my pillow baby blue
I can I call only when I think of you
when I wish you were here at home
I call you up on my dreamphone
I let it ring and ring some more
wishin' you'd show up at my door

Dreamphone (dreamphone) dreamphone (dreamphone)

Sometimes when I'm missing you
I want to call you up on my dream phone
under my pillow baby blue
I can I call only when I think of you
I wanna kiss your happy feet
I wanna hear your voice so sweet
but I'm here in my room alone
wishin you'd pick up the phone.

Dreamphone (dreamphone) dreamphone (dreamphone)
Dreamphone (dreamphone) dreamphone (dreamphone)


No comments:

Post a Comment