Sunday 9 October 2016

Pardon Us - Fumin'

 

  It's a little over a year since Pardon Us featured on Just Some Punk Songs (http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/pardon-us-only-pain.html). Since then they've released a split ep with Only Strangers and covered an Iron Chic song in support of the McAllister family fund and now they're back with a brand new single which features an angry condemnation of the climate of xenophobia fostered by many of our politicians in order to advance careers and bolster profits. Targeting scapegoats and playing politics whilst the needy suffer,  as a biased press cheer from the sidelines is leaving these guys fucking blazing with rage. Brexit? Not in their name.

  Check out their bandcamp to find name your price downloads here : http://pardonus.bandcamp.com/album/fumin

  Featuring ex Down And Outs drummer Morgan Brown on vocals and guitar, Pardon Us also boast Alex Howard on bass and Gabrielle Dos Santos on drums. From Liverpool, this is a band with plenty to say, give them a listen.

  This is Fumin.......

I'm fucking fumin'. 
I can barely contain my rage. 
Contempt keeps bleeding from my pen and blackening the page 
I fucking blazing 
Feeling so alone and lost 
As you suck up all the profit and we shoulder all the cost 

You search for scapegoats, preying on the weakest in the pack 
With the weasel-words of your poison press always poised for an attack 
Are you so distressed? Have you been oppressed? Are you taking back control? 
Did you buy some easy answers when you sold your shitty soul? 

I'm fucking fumin' 
I can barely contain my rage. 
Contempt keeps bleeding from my pen and blackening the page 
I'm fucking blazing 
Feeling sickened and so ashamed 
Playing nation states with your racist mates like it's all a little game

I wanna rub your nose in the mess you've made 
Make you see what you have done 

Take your nation states and your racist hate 
Fuck you - not in my name


2 comments:

  1. Melodic punk is like gold to me.Very good song!

    ReplyDelete