Tuesday 13 June 2017

Vista Blue - Thirteen

 

  Vista Blue are regulars on Just Some Punk Songs, their catchy power pop/pop punk tunes make a nice contrast to some of the more gritty or hard hitting bands that feature. An added bonus with Vista Blue is that their frequent new releases (as well as being wonderful) are name your price on Bandcamp. What are you waiting for, go download some great music....  https://wearevistablue.bandcamp.com/album/here-to-stay

  Now you've done that, I'll tell you about their new ep. It's called Here To Stay and this time around Mike and the guys have recorded 4 covers of some of their favourite songs. They've put their unique spin on tracks by Depeche Mode, The Cascades, Big Star and Teen Idols. The Song you're getting below was originally by Memphis Tennessee's Big Star and it was described by Rolling Stone as "one of rock's most beautiful celebrations of adolescence."

  This is Thirteen.....


Won't you let me walk you home from school
Won't you let me meet you at the pool
Maybe Friday I can
Get tickets for the dance
And I'll take you
Won't you tell your dad, get off my back
Tell him what we said 'bout 'Paint It Black'
Rock 'n Roll is here to stay
Come inside where it's okay
And I'll shake you
Won't you tell me what you're thinking of
Would you be an outlaw for my love
If it's so, well, let me know
If it's no, well, I can go
I won't make you



No comments:

Post a Comment