Friday 7 July 2017

Criminal X - Steal Yer Car


Photo by Lisa Jane Bendall
 

  Criminal X are a Chesterfield based punk band who's new cd Ernie Else Is A Police Informant has spent the last couple of days spinning in my car cd player. They're a 4 piece featuring Pez (vocals), Hopo (drums), Danny (bass) and Nick (guitar) and they list their interests as sex, politics, drugs/alcohol & auto crime. They're anti facist, pro animal liberation but might just steal yer car.

  If you're a fan of good old fashioned, no frills UK punk rock you could do a lot worse than check out the new album. Released by independant Irish punk label Dead Lamb Records, it boasts 13 tracks (including a retitled cover of Screeching Weasel's I Wanna Fuck) and you can check it out here :  https://criminalx.bandcamp.com/album/ernie-else-is-a-police-informant

  My favourite song from the album? Possibly this. Steal Yer Car.....

 steal yer car steal yer car steal yer car

watch me now just drive away
burn around on a sunny day
turns me on to steal yer car
watch me now cos i'll go far

steal yer car

brand new car just new today
just watch me now just drive away
ten hours later i'll smash it up
why don't you just go and get fucked

steal yer car

cops have got me once again
they say you're getting one to ten
but i got out to steal yer car
you won't catch me go fuck the law

steal yer car


No comments:

Post a Comment