Monday 27 November 2017

One Week Stand - Your Last Song



  One Week Stand are from Coventry, formed in 2014 and feature a line up of Gaz Cruise (lead vocals/guitar), Connagh West (guitar/backing vocals), Amber Blenkinsopp ( guitar/backing vocals), Dan Nash (bass/backing vocals) and Moose (drums). They list amongst their influences the likes of Green Day, Blondie, The Clash, The Jam and Ramones and their sound is old school pop punk with a dash of ska thrown into the mix.

  In November 2014 they released debut ep, Punk Drunk Love. They followed it a year later with the Targets ep and then in August 2016 unleashed debut album Tales FromThe Bedroom. Their second album was out last month, it's titled Scratch and you can check it out (along with their previous releases) here :  https://oneweekstand.bandcamp.com/

  This song is a 5 minute break up song written iat the the end of a relationship for vocalist Gaz Cruise and it's called Your Last Song....

Beaten down and out and I'm tired 
This thing we had has expired 
It's time for you to go back home 
Peterborough bound, you're high and lonely 
This is definitely the perfect time to phone me but this time I'm not coming back 

This is the last song I'll ever write about you 

Take, take, take me away from you, you 
I'm so bored so don't waste my time 
You're out of line 
Go, go, go away from me 
You, you need to realise you're no longer mine 
You're out of time 

Gonna pay a hypnotist to erase my memory 
I'm burning all the pictures of me and you 
Loneliness has taken it's toll but it's better than staying with you 'till I'm old 
Being with you's like my wallet's got a hole 

This is the last time I'll ever think about you 

Take, take, take me away from you, you 
I'm so bored so don't waste my time 
You're out of line 
Go, go, go away from me 
You, you need to realise you're no longer mine 
You're out of time 

You need to realise you're out of time 

Gonna hire an exorcist to exorcise my memory 
I'm burning all the memories of me and you 

Take, take, take me away from you, you 
I'm so bored so don't waste my time 
You're out of line 
Go, go, go away from me 
You, you need to realise you're no longer mine 
You're out of time 

You're out of time 
You're out of time 
You're out of time 
You're out of time 
You're out of time 
You're out of time

 

No comments:

Post a Comment