Monday 18 December 2017

The Dahlmanns - Fireball



  The Dahlmanns are a power pop/rock n roll band from the coastal town of Moss in Norway. They've been together since 2009 and feature a line up of Line  Dahlmann (vocals), Andre Dahlmann (vocals, guitar), Jan Erik Dahlmann (bass), Otto Dahlmann (drums), Magnus Dahlmann (guitar) and Pal Dahlmann (organ).

  As you may have noticed, they all share the same surname so it possibly won't come as a surprise that one of their first releases (and one of their best) was 2010's Dancing With Joey Ramone (it was a cover of the Amy Rigby song). Since then they've released a bunch of catchy as hell singles, eps and splits plus 2012's All Dahled Up album. One of the most recent of those releases is a split ep with The Nomads. It's available on 7" from Madrid label Ghost Highway Recordings and you can listen here :  https://ghosthighwayrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/l-f-f-l

  The Dahlmanns contribution to that split is a gorgeous cover of the Fireball XL5 theme song. Written by Barry Gray for the classic Gerry Anderson tv series and a hit in 1963 for Don Spencer, this is Fireball.....

I wish I was a spaceman The fastest guy alive I'd fly you round the universe In Fireball XL5 Way out in space together Conquerors of the sky My heart would be a fireball, a fireball Every time I gazed into your starry eyes We'd take the path to Jupiter And maybe very soon We'd cruise along the Milky Way And land upon the Moon To a wonderland of stardust We'd zoom our way to Mars My heart would be a fireball, a fireball 'Cause you would be my Venus of the stars But though I'm not a spaceman Famous and reknowned I'm just a guy that's down to earth With both feet on the ground It's all imagination I'll never reach the skies My heart is still a fireball, a fireball Every time I gaze into your starry eyes Fireball, fireball Every time I gaze into your starry eyes Fireball, fireball .........

No comments:

Post a Comment