Tuesday 16 January 2018

Bed Wettin' Bad Boys - Plastic Tears

 
(Photo by Lucy White)
 

  I'm posting a song today that I've had lined up for a while but which seemed to have drifted down my "to do" list. Not sure why because it's damn good as is the album that it's taken from. Anyway, today's the day it gets featured.

  Forming in 2008, Bed Wettin' Bad Boys are from Sydney and feature a line up of Ben Warnock (guitar/vocals), Doug Gibson (drums), Joe Sukit (guitar/keyboards/ saxophone, vocals) and Nic Warnock (bass/vocals).

  The aforementioned new album is called Rot. It's their second full length (their debut was 2013's Ready For Boredom). I've seen several reviews of the album throwing around comparisons to fellow Australians Royal Headache, possibly because Sukit is a former member, possibly because they play a similar type of catchy rock that combines elements of power pop with soulful punk.  Check out the album here :  https://bedwettinbadboys.bandcamp.com/ 

  There's plenty of songs on Rot that could have been highlighted below but I'll go with the one that I'm playing on today's Just Some Punk Songs show (8pm gmt here : https://www.facebook.com/events/332890077228767/ ). This is Plastic Tears.....


Don’t know what you’re talking about 
Like your senses are inside out 
It’s not that I think you’re weak 
Just not buying the tears you weep 

Your plastic tears 
Dry them on my shoulder 
Your plastic tears 
Dry them on my shoulder 

It’s come to the final hour 
And the feelings are getting sour 
You might have fooled everyone 
Not me with your gestural emotions 

Your plastic tears 
Dry them on my shoulder 
Your plastic tears 
Dry them on my shoulder


No comments:

Post a Comment